Tandem Sit-on-Top

Area for ideas about designs you want to see. Guests welcome to post!
ausie
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Tandem Sit-on-Top

Post by ausie »

Um,

I know I raised this some time ago, but I have yet to find a 2 person ( me@80kg & wife @60kg) sot kayak design.Needs to be plenty stable & outright speed is of no concern.

I just bet that Hairymick,that gentleman of the north of our little island,has secretly whispered his thoughts along these lines to JEM & am wondering if this has sparked any ideas.

While we are both(wife & I) retired old farts,we are still pretty fit & the suggestion of maybe an outrigger would not upset us.

There is a strong outrigger kayak club near us that race regularly in their slim(plastic) craft & the sport is growing strongly. we do not intend to join them but are impressed with the performance of their boats.

Any ideas?

Al.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Al and welcome back mate.

Thank you for the very kind words but a tandem SOT holds little attaction for me at the moment.

Here is something you might be interested in.

viewtopic.php?t=588
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
ausie

Post by ausie »

Mick,
Thanks but none of Scott's pics came out...must be a computer setting thing at my end.
Al.
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN

Post by LEE SCHNEIDERMANN »

ausie wrote:Mick,
Thanks but none of Scott's pics came out...must be a computer setting thing at my end.
Al.
I noticed the same thing, so maybe it's something on Matt's end??

Lee
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who can do math, and those who can't.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

All the pictures in that thread are saved to a different site so it's not a setting I have.

They show up fine on my end.
-Matt. Designer.
ausie

Post by ausie »

Matt,

Your pics are fine,but Scott's are just little red crosses in boxes.Al.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Al and Lee,

I am having the same problem this end. Scott may have cleaned up his pic hosting pages or something. I wouldn't know.

I will tell you this though, Both his build and his boat impressed the heck out of me. It is a very good looking, tandem SOT specifically designed for Scott and for fishing and carrying big pay-loads and is easily, the best looking SOT, hand made or store bought, that I have ever seen.

If I ever get the desire to own or to build a tandem SOT. This boat would do me just fine.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

that's really weird.

I'll see if I can do something about it.
-Matt. Designer.
dangermouse01

Post by dangermouse01 »

Any pictures that Scott posted in his thread no longer show up for me. Pictures in his thread posted by others still show up. So, it is happening on this side of the equator also.

I think he may have moved or deleted them from where he had them stored. If I right click on the box, that was his picture, and do properties, then copy/paste that address in my address bar, I get an error message when it tries to find it.

DM
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

See if you all can see the first 2 pages of the thread now.
-Matt. Designer.