Prototype Bluefin 12; 12' fishing SOT

Builder show and discuss their progress.
scottrunnr
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Prototype Bluefin 12; 12' fishing SOT

Post by scottrunnr »

First entry for build of prototype Bluefin 12; a 12' fishing SOT. Below is a high level drawing from Matt.

Manjimike
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Manjimike »

Looks nice, what is the beam? and any other specs that can be divulged at this point :lol:

Cheers Mike
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Mike,

I have been thinking much the same thing. Looks the goods to me.

Don't know about thebeam thing.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

12'5 x 28.5". It might be 28". I don't have the file in front of me.
-Matt. Designer.
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Looks similar to a Southwind at and below the waterline.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

I finally found some time to work on this project. Terrible how work and family activities get in the way of a perfectly good boat build! :wink:

All pieces have been cut from the plywood based on Matt's great instructions. My last build, the tandem, was done from Matt's CNC cut kit. I have discovered that I am not the shop-god that Mick is! My cuts are not terribly straight/precise. Little did I know how spoiled I was by Matt's computer precision cuts! So if you can afford the kit/shipping and aren't a purist that feels a kit degrades your "self-built" monicor, I'd definately recommend Matt's kits!

As you can see from the photos below, I've spliced the hull panels, assembled the cockpit frame, and stitched the cockpit together. I'll fillet the cockpit over the next several days.

Hull panels spliced

Cockpit stitched

TARHEEL

Post by TARHEEL »

what's odds on having something like a small set of outriggers on the rear? I picture a surf fisherman working the intercoastal waterways at low tide and having a small but stable platform from which to fly fish from.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Scott,

Glad to hear you are still working on this mate.

Sorry, I can't get the piccies to show.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

pics are only showing up randomly for me as well.
-Matt. Designer.
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

Sorry guys. Hopefully the below work better. I switched my hosting to PhotoBucket.

Hull panels spliced

Cockpit stitched

[/img]