Touring Pirouge T-V

Builder show and discuss their progress.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

I got a few things touched up on the Queen today Hatches are finishedImageback

blocks glued on the floor to keep seat from moving

if you look at the back block there is a hole one side for paddle leash the other for chair tiedown

Got tie downs for cooler fixed

as you can see in the pics it gives me a lot of options on the way I tie it down and enough different points to attach that I can lace anyway I need for a load

And now the good part headed for the lake

floats plenty shallowImage

And of we go

Dang this boat handles good

I didnt get this pic just like I wanted it but from the swirl behind me you can tell she turns in her own length

I can't say enough good about this boat she is the best one yet.
like this pic
And off into the sunset in the Brazos Queen
Ron
surfman
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by surfman »

Nice job Ron, that would make a nice camp boat the big hatch in the back for dry storage and the flat deck make it easy to load that thing up with gear. Since your seat is removable I assume you could move it forward a bit to for a more even ballast if need be.
Tight Lines, Steve
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Here are some pics the back hatch loaded

inside that hatch right now is coffe pot tent cot latern stove machete
hatchet 2 tarps skillet and pot flashlights extra propane shovel and I still have room for a couple gallons of water
I did not load them but the front deck will carry grill extra paddle sleeping bag pillow clothes and groceries It is bigger than the back hatch

and if I need it a dry bag can be strapped to back deck.
I should have plenty of room for extras.
the seat was set a little forward to compensate for the cooler and I can adjust my load for trim
Ron
surfman

Post by surfman »

Awesome! 8)
Tight Lines, Steve
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Matt,

How wide is the gap between the top of the tumblehome panels where the paddler sits please? Oh yeah, what is the estimated load capacity?

I have been thinking this boat in open, or semi-open configuration might better suit the girl I was telling you about back channel.

Dang nabb it Ron, ya done infected me with the bug ta build this one.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

24"
-Matt. Designer.
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Mick
If you build the T-V don't let Robin Paddle it ,if you do you will be building a pair, This is still my favorite boat.
Ron
Yak

Post by Yak »

I'm really just cutting frames now for this boat and I bought the plans at least a month ago. Looking down the road. Are end pours really strong enough for the bow and stern. I'll be taking this boat on a fast stream and if I hit a sand bar or something I want the bow to have strength.
Any other suggestions for bow/stern strength...
Even thinking of of an interior keel for strength for this river.
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Yak
What are you building out off, 4mm I hope I built this boat from some pretty but crappy wood 1/8 inch, with end pour and I don't baby it have hit rocks in swift water nose up on concrete ramps gravel bars and sand bars
on river with some pretty good riffles. I put in some pretty good end pours and douple the cloth on the outside of the stern and keel . I have had no problems for more strength leave your last station in and glass it in place will add a lot of strength .
You are going to love that boat.
Ron
Yak

Post by Yak »

Thanks Ron! I builing from 1/4" Luan. Built my first UJ pirogue from 1/4" Luan, and it's pretty tuff. I'm geeting onto Matt's boats now. Guess I'll go with your suggestion on end pour with double cloth. Your boat looks ship shape! Nice job Ron!