Summer/Winter

Worth mentioning but don't fit in other categories.
Wannabe

Summer/Winter

Post by Wannabe »

Hey to anybody Down Under,
Summer is setting in here abouts. Official Summer is still a little way off. Got an e mail from a friend here while back that said when he went on his morning walk the tempt. was 78F. and the humidity was at 140%. My summer squash is dead (squash borers) and my okra is starting to get it on. I guess ya'lls weather is cooling off a little. How is the weather going for you. I don't guess the weather in Tazmania (excuse me of I did not spell that right P. Pete) is much different than in Queensland is it or is that too far north I i'd have to look at a map again)?
Bob
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Re: Summer/Winter

Post by PiratePete »

Hi Wannabe

I'm in Tasmania & the cold of winter hasn't quit hit here yet.

Having said that we are getting frosts most nights & day time max temps in the 10 to 13 range.

fyi: Tasmania is around 42 degrees south
Mick
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and canoes

Post by Mick »

G'day Bob,

I'm in Queensland (about 24 Degrees South) and winter is just starting to kick in here. Tomorrow I might even have to wear a shirt. :D

Seriously, If you compare the temps between your Florida and New England I am guessing that the difference would be similar to those between Tasmania and Queensland.
Wannabe

Post by Wannabe »

So Tasmania gets quite a bit colder than Queensland? Pete, does it ever snow there?
Bob
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Post by PiratePete »

Yes it snows in Tassie. Generally it comes down to the 400m level on the Northern End of the Island, but I have seen it snow on rare occasions at sea level.
OnkaBob
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by OnkaBob »

And just for a bit more perspective, Adelaide is supposed to have a similar climate to LA - although I've never been to LA so can't confirm that from experience.

Feels cold in the mornings now but it's really quite moderate compared to some climates.
......like Tasmania :D .
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.