Great day of Striped Bass fishing on my Bluefin 12' SOT...

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
scottrunnr
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Great day of Striped Bass fishing on my Bluefin 12' SOT...

Post by scottrunnr »

Here's some video of a great day of Fall fishing for Striped Bass on my Bluefin 12' SOT. I love this yak! Note the new console/fish storage I've added. It keeps fish up to 40' cold and fresh on ice. It also reduces cokpit volume and is a great place for my fishfinder and bait/lure bag.

Here's the link to the video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKTvIw4a_vM

I wish someone else would build this yak and the tandem SOT. They are wonderful yaks!
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Great day of Striped Bass fishing on my Bluefin 12' SOT.

Post by jem »

Getting ready to relase the 12' version. I had to go back and make some changes to be more builder friendly. It's going to be a Sabalo 12. I've built the most brand credibility with the Sabalo style so I'll keep that rolling.

The tandem is on the back-burner.... for now.
-Matt. Designer.
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

Nice! How many did you catch? Looked like you were really into 'em. :mrgreen:
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!
scottrunnr
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by scottrunnr »

Legal size for keeping Stripped Bass in Massachusetts is over 28 inches (2 per person per day). Thus, we refer to them as either Keepers (28" or bigger) or Schoolies (under 28").

I caught 3 Keepers (32", 29", & 29") and 10 Schoolies (25-27") in about 4 hours of fishing. That's a very good day for the end of the season in Fall. As a bonus we had record temps in the 80's F with clear skies and little wind/waves. All in all a great day!
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

Can't wait to finish my Sabalo so I can post something similar. JEM definitely have the best S&G SOT designs around. I was tossing up between the Bluefin, Wadefish and Sabalo. I don't think I would have been disappointed in any of them.
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

I completely agree, Matt's designs are awesome! My 12' is remarkably fast yet stable. An amazing fishing platform. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

I'm trying to get some guys up here to build one of his designs.
Frogman
Type of boat I like: Sabelo 12

Post by Frogman »

OK Scottrunnr, I just got my plans for the Sabalo 12. I will be talking to you soon :) I would like to see yours sometime if it's not to much trouble.
craiggamesh

Post by craiggamesh »

I wish someone else would build this yak and the tandem SOT. They are wonderful yaks!
Great video Scottrunner.

I would love to build a tandem and put a couple mirage drives in it. :) Then, perhaps build a sailing rig for it.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.