Scotland

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
zeb
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Scotland

Post by zeb »

Back up Bonnie Scotland for a few days of glorious sunshine(yes sunshine!)
Camped along the banks of Loch Ken
Loch was usually like a mill pond and I paddled for hours and hours every morning and evenings
Despite my hamfisted woodworking my Sasquatch 14 handled perfectly,I would recommend this canoe to anybody looking to build a canoe for solo or light tandem(she handled my wife and I no problem)
As the night drew in I was considering attaching head lamps!!!I just didn't want to stop

We visited a Red Kite feeding station and were amazed to watch over 40 birds circling ans swooping down to feed
Despite the abundance of birds I still couldn't get a decent shot!! :oops:
those two are about the best of about 20 attempts!!!
This little fella was more accommodating!
We moved up the road to this beautiful spot

Go on build one! you know you want to!!!! :wink:
All The Best
Zeb
makenmend
Type of boat I like: kayak canoe

Re: Scotland

Post by makenmend »

Nice post Zeb, when the weather cooperates it's hard to beat Scotland for scenery.

MM
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Nice report!

I had to look twice thinking you made it a canvass canoe. That paint color looks really good and traditional. I love that look.
-Matt. Designer.
neon14
Type of boat I like: SUP hybrid kayak

Post by neon14 »

Ok Zeb, I'm sold. It is the next build.

Oh, and what a great report! The pics are outstanding! Very well done. The grass looks greener on the other side of the world. We are in a drought right now :(
zeb
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by zeb »

Thanks guys, you wont be disappointed Neon,its a great design.
Looking forward to your build blog :)
All The Best
Zeb
OnkaBob

Post by OnkaBob »

Zeb, those shots of the red kite are pretty good. I've tried to get decent shots of the Nankeen Kestrels that hover in the updraughts at the beachfront cliffs near us and from dozens I only have a couple that can enable a proper identification. I also spent a couple of hours in my Laker at Cobdogla a few years ago trying to photograph a Whistling Kite and only ended up with 1 that was good enough for ID.

The fact that they are moving is one aspect but also they are not that big and unless you have the right camera and a lot of time it is almost impossible.

Modern digital cameras are great in many ways but I find the LCD viewfinder screen useless outside on most days and just have to guess what it is really pointed at.

You sure have some beautiful waterways over there.
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
zeb

Post by zeb »

Thanks Bob,I was messing with a new camera(fujifilm finepix s4300) it has a 24x zoom and has a viewfinder as well as the LCD which was the main reason I bought it as like you i find the Lcd pretty useless.
The kite feeding station was a great experience and the two shots I posted were about the best out of about 20!!!!

I'm hoping to get back up there early next week and am paddle and camp beside the second loch in the pictures (Clatteringshaws Loch)

All the best zeb
All The Best
Zeb
Mick
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and canoes

Post by Mick »

G'day Zeb,

Outstanding piccies and report mate. Bloody good on ya mate. God it's a beautiful world we live in!
BTW, who is the lovely model walking on the shore? :D

Re the Sasquatch, nice job mate! They truly are a great canoe. Evie and I love ours to bits too.
zeb

Post by zeb »

Certainly is a beautiful world mate!!!!
BTW, who is the lovely model walking on the shore? :D
You just earned 10 points from her Bro!!!! :wink:
Yup,no hesitation recommending the Sasquatch to anybody :D
All The Best
Zeb