Lake Waruma and Sasquatch

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Mick
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and canoes

Re: Lake Waruma and Sasquatch

Post by Mick »

Gonna build an Akuna mate :D and looking closely at your mini skiff too.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Mick wrote:Gonna build an Akuna mate :D and looking closely at your mini skiff too.
:lol: just poking at ya a little. You're enjoying life and that's what counts.
-Matt. Designer.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Mick
The links Chuck posted were great as far as building one ,but I would like to have some pic and descriptions of how you use the pig and what changes you would make and why.
Ron
Mick
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and canoes

Post by Mick »

No problem Ron. Next time it get it out of the camper will take lots of pics. We do most of our cooking on it in camp. I generally use the dutch ovens and cast iron fry pans. The two steel plates that come with the pig work fine but they tend to dribble fat all over the outside of the stove making it a dirty beast to pack away.

Probably the main modification I would do to the existing stove would be to put a 2.5" flu to help it draw a little better. I have been accumulating a few gas bottles with my own build in mind. My plan is to fit one inside the other for ease of transportation. In camp with it set up, one would act as the fire box with the other working as an oven/hot smoker. Would eliminate the need to also carry Dutch ovens and also make pizza and bread a whole lot easier . If its OK with Matt will do a build thread here or on Chuck's site. :D

I know it doesn't get as cold here as it does on your side of the pond but it still gets pretty cool. We find that by sitting the pig just in front of the open annex of our camper with the sides up, it warms the whole thing beautifully.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

have at it. I have a "misc" you could use or builder log would be fine.
-Matt. Designer.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Thanks Matt
and looking forward to it Mick
Ron