Evening Tualatin River trip

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
craiggamesh
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Evening Tualatin River trip

Post by craiggamesh »

I took the Touring Pirogue out last Sunday evening with my oldest son. It was a dead calm evening with little current.

We went up a small creek and had to duck under a few logs. We didn't make it far due to the shallow water and big rocks, so we turned around and "limboed" our way back out.

As it was getting darker, we saw a couple of Great Blue Herons. I had to use a flash on the camera due to the low light.

Had a nice moon shining above for the paddle.

We beached at a park upstream to stretch our legs before heading back.

I propped my camera up on my life jacket on shore and set the timer on the camera so I could take a long exposure using just the moonlight for this one.

We had a fun time. The only complaint from my boy was that he didn't have any bread to feed the baby ducks that were following us.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Re: Evening Tualatin River trip

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

Wow Great Pics and he standing,before you know it he'll be asking for the keys :lol:

Mike
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
craiggamesh
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by craiggamesh »

10 1/2 years before he gets the keys. Seems like he was just born yesterday. Time flies doesn't it. :D We just got back from going out again. It was hot today. Not Texas hot, but hot enough.
Regards,

Craig
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Great pics and report!
-Matt. Designer.
john the pom

Post by john the pom »

Nice pictures beautiful waterway. There ought to be a law that every time I go paddling the water is that calm. I reckon it just doesn't get any better than paddling gently along on totally flat water.
Cheers John.
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Post by Phishtech »

I just love the work you did on the Pirogue, very nice. I'll be building the TV 15-29 soon and would like to have mine come out even half as good as yours. Great pics and report, thanks.............Phishtech

Is that the TV or just the T??
craiggamesh

Post by craiggamesh »

Nice pictures beautiful waterway. There ought to be a law that every time I go paddling the water is that calm. I reckon it just doesn't get any better than paddling gently along on totally flat water.
Cheers John.
John, its a pretty narrow waterway lined with very tall coniferous trees so they block the wind very well. Its pretty flat even when its running fast in the rainy season. A couple miles down stream from this point it goes through some pretty good rapids before it hits the Willamette River.

Phishtech wrote:I just love the work you did on the Pirogue, very nice. I'll be building the TV 15-29 soon and would like to have mine come out even half as good as yours. Great pics and report, thanks.............Phishtech

Is that the TV or just the T??
Thanks. It is the plain old Touring Pirogue http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddetail ... ourPirogue No T or TV.

I wanted to build a stripped boat fast so it would be ready to go for the summer of 08. It looked like the easiest of the small craft to build that could hold an adult and child. Also, I read Mick's review several times and he sold me on it. I have not regretted my choice at all.

In fact I took it out again yesterday. Tried to catch a bass or two, but was unsuccessful. The little guy got impatient so we just mostly paddled. We did a stretch of the river I had not been on before. Nice calm conditions again. Although, I could have used a nice breeze, it was a scorcher.

He got a little tired watching me paddle so he figured he could ride in the boat back to the truck. Good thing I had a kayak cart. :roll:
Regards,

Craig