Houston Wadefish Progess

Builder show and discuss their progress.
Jerry-rigged

Post by Jerry-rigged »

Are you still hopeing to take the boat to the PACK meeting? THat is next week, right? Let me know, if you would...

Thanks,
Jerry
Mullet_Key
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Mullet_Key »

Jerry, I've decided to go to the Oct. Meeting. I don't want to cut into this months' speaker's time.
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
Mullet_Key
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Recent Houston Wadefish Photos

Post by Mullet_Key »

Photo of Console. The top side of the console at the C/P will will be hinged at the front of the C/P so I can store stuff. The topside on the paddler's side is where I will mount the fish finder. There is only one scupper hole. Water from the left side can run under the console where the floor meets the C/P wall.

Console

I ran a rudder cable tube from the rear of the cockpit, exiting about 16" from the stern. This is the exit point along with a drill hole in the hull that had to be filled. I have no idea how that happened...

Rudder Cable Exit

Image[/img]
Last edited by Mullet_Key on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
pogue3one

Drainage

Post by pogue3one »

I was curious about the drainage in this configuration. Is there a matching drain hole on the other side? Do they drain to the same discharge point? I was planning something similar.
Mullet_Key

Cockpit Drainage

Post by Mullet_Key »

Pogue, one hole only on the right side. the photo doesn't show it well, but each wall of the console has a cone-shaped slot cut out of the panel where the cockpit floor meets the cockpit wall. The interior of the console was not designed to stay dry. Whatever I put in there will have to be protected in a dry container or not suseptable to seawater damage.
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
pogue3one

oh

Post by pogue3one »

I was thinking that that would be an excellent place for a battery box, or perhaps a switch panel. Were you gonna put the beer holder.

By the way. I am in Katy. Perhaps when we get these things finished, we can take'em for a spin.
Mullet_Key

Post by Mullet_Key »

Since my deer feeder battery is about 4-5 lbs, I placed it as low to the keel as possible and near midships. Beer? sssshhhhh!!
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
Jerry-rigged

Post by Jerry-rigged »

Mullet_Key wrote:Jerry, I've decided to go to the Oct. Meeting. I don't want to cut into this months' speaker's time.
Are you still planning on bringing the boat?

Thanks,
Jerry
Mullet_Key

Post by Mullet_Key »

Yes, I'll be at Tuesday's meeting at REI. I took it out yesterday on the San Jac. Did very well, tracks good. I can tell I need a little weight in the tank well for proper trim. Sanding and varnishing next, but fishing this weekend comes first. MK
Pygmy Arctic Tern
JEM Swamp Girl -15
JEM Wadefish 15
Jerry-rigged

Post by Jerry-rigged »

:D :D :D

Congrats on the launch!

See you tomorrow night-
Jerry