Fish'n anyone?

Worth mentioning but don't fit in other categories.
gken
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Fish'n anyone?

Post by gken »

Ok, it seems that no one uses this section much. I think its time to chat about something other then glass weight, and ply thickness. Does anyone else fish as much as I do? I mean, if I have 20 minutes free I am down at the pond with my St. Croix. What do you all fish for? I am a bass man myself, with a mean streak for brookies. Tell me about what you do. --Garrett :lol:
No boats yet
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

It's about a 15 minute drive for me, for now, so I don't get to go as much.

Mostly pan fish, small bass, and the occasional blue gill are what's local to me. Now that I'm almost done with my new prototype canoe, I'm hoping to get around some other lakes.
-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Yep me too, I fish from all my Jem boats. If I can't fish from my boat, it is no good to me.

Mostly Salt water, with the odd foray into the fresh for some bass. Still trying for a barramundi.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

I'm the odd man out here. I used to fish. But, the summer I turned 14, I discovered both motorbikes and girls. Never looked back.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
banoe

Post by banoe »

Fishin now ya talkin! Only reason to build a boat is have some way to go fishin! Fresh water fishin for me, Bass mostly pike walleye perch sunnies trout etc. any thing that swims. Stripers on the flats in a week or so starts me off. Just put my ice fishin stuff away never stops. Oh by the way nothing fishes better than a wood boat just sounds natural in the water.
Jack, Fishin is easier than women or bikes got to work on them all week to get a ride on the weekend.
Raumati

Post by Raumati »

I fish out my kayak, I catch mostly kahawai, occasionally gurnard , red cod and small sharks.Sometimes I set a crab pot with it too.
gken

Post by gken »

I fish out my kayak, I catch mostly kahawai, occasionally gurnard , red cod and small sharks.

Where are you fishing? It sounds like paradise. Open water season starts april first here, but there wont be any open water to fish for a few more weeks. I think its going to push the spawn back into late june this year. I think it could mean a better year all around, or not. I cant wait to try fishing from a custom JEM watercraft. I hope my wife wont mind me barrowing it, ya know since I BUILT it and all.
No boats yet
gken

Post by gken »

hmm, I dont think I did that right, but you get the idea. --garrett
No boats yet
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Heya Garret,

First blood for my South Wind yesterday.

Aussie Bass.

My mate got this one,
a small Aussie barramundi
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
gken

Post by gken »

BEAUTIFUL!! I envy you now Mick, a beautiful boat and catching fish. My fishing season is coming around now. The snow is melting fast now that the temps are coming up. It doesnt get below 32 degrees anymore. Time to get my rods out. --Garrett
No boats yet