Interesting Design: Inverted V

Worth mentioning but don't fit in other categories.
BEARS BUDDY

Post by BEARS BUDDY »

Matt:
Have you seen the Wavewalk site?
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Yes I have and I paddled one a few times.

I think the concept has potential but needs further revision to be a player in the market. If they still make it like the one I paddled, then I'm betting sales will be limited.

Note: I don't wish to have their link from my site so I edited your post. Sorry to be like that but I have my reasons.
Last edited by jem on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Matt. Designer.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Boy, I am glad I read this today ... So you also had a bad time with one of them. :(

That reminded me that I forgot all about the misadventures some folks have had with them . :oops: .......... Any reference to It is removed from my site. NO..... I never paddled one but from the complaints I have received was enough for me to not want to paddle one of them.

I don't have to worry about professional courtesy so I can say anything and on my site if we believe in you ... You are there ......and if we don't like what you have then you are not there, Pure and simple.

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

Chuckie always was a little bashful about expressing himself, ehh?
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Kayak Jack wrote:Chuckie always was a little bashful about expressing himself, ehh?
Not me, I am not that bashful or easy going and mild mannered but I do have Geezer Moments at times and forget things .....What were we talking about ...:oops: ... "O" I Remember ......Geezer moments .....Almost like the person who posted what I am quoting.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Kayak Jack »

Back to an inverted "V" or "W" or WTH ever you want to call it. I see no advantage for a displacement hull with the two hull-halves close together. If separated some 2-3 feet, then stability edges in. When you get enough separation that an upper platform becomes realistic, I think you have, in this observer's opinion, achieved about all the utility the double hull can offer.

A planing hull might benefit from such a design of two close-together hulls, but I doubt that too.

There's a reason it isn't a classic hull design. I suspect that in displacement hulls, all "radical" designs had been tried and quietly discarded by sometime about 2-3,000 years ago. Damned shame we can't go onto a stone age net and search out what geezers were saying then. Probably, even the jokes haven't changed. ... and the tribe that ate gritz was headed for early extinction, fer sure.
Kayak Jack
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Hi Matt, that wavewalk thing has created a ripple of interest in our Aust Kayak fishing Forum over here.

Personally, I don't like it and reckon it would be a pig to paddle. Some might find it to their liking but I can't imagine what there is to like about it.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

"... a pig to paddle." Couldn't have said it better myself. Ever paddle a mortar box? That would be a design I'd avoid too.
Kayak Jack
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

hairymick wrote:Hi Matt, that wavewalk thing has created a ripple of interest in our Aust Kayak fishing Forum over here.

Personally, I don't like it and reckon it would be a pig to paddle. Some might find it to their liking but I can't imagine what there is to like about it.
I'll discuss it outside of a forum, like in e-mail or something.
-Matt. Designer.
surfman

Post by surfman »

There used to be a manufacturer here in Florida that made an inverted V flats boat it was called N-V Boats I think. I don't think the company is in business anymore. I knew someone that had one and he loved it but I never rode in it. I can't even find a picture of it but, there were several around for a while in Central Florida.