What I did on my summer vacation.

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
bronco302

What I did on my summer vacation.

Post by bronco302 »

Or how to build a fire and burn 13 vacation days before you lose them 8) . Well I had my major components ready by the 11th of June, the vacation was about to begin. They had been working me like a dog but I offered to take a check for the days instead of taking them but I was not losing an hour of it. No money can so I waved good by on the evening of the 10th for 2.5 weeks of decompression.
I worked on the Eno like an obsession, I guess it was. She still needs belly paint but I put her in the river to day, what a babe. I built her out of Home Depot Sanded Ply(yea I know) and picked sheets for passable butt matches on the sides., breast hooks and gunwales are Tulip Popular (Tennessee State Tree). Still needs sanding and smoothing but once the black goop is on the bottom she will do for the summer, I’ll polish her up this winter. Weight at this time is 40.5 pounds, a bit heavier then I was thinking but now that I’ve done one I have a better feel for how things work together. I’m thinking about small front and rear dry storage compartments but who knows.
I think she paddles like a dream but I have never paddled a bad boat so what do I know. Tracking was straight as an arrow, traveling in what ever direction the nose was pointed after the last paddle thrust. Easy paddling or digging hard she was stable and steady. I am very pleased with my little boat. I’ll get some better photos when I get the bottom done. BTW I haven’t been fishing in about thirteen years, I tied into about an eight inch small mouth today, you want to take about stress relief :lol: .

The truck rack is a home built as well, the boat is on a drawer slide that lets me pull out and lower the boat to around a 45 degree angle for loading and tie down.
So thank you Matt for good plans, know how, and a place to share it. Thanks guys for placing all you have learned here for anyone who will read and use it.

Joe W. East Tennessee Eno builder
bronco302

Post by bronco302 »

Well I put this in the wrong place, don't know how to move it but if you want to put it where you think it goes Matt please do.

Joe W. puter geek, not.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Awesome!!
-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day Joe,

Lovely boat mate - bloody well done!!

I love the lines of your Eno and am sure she will serve you well.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
zeb
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by zeb »

Lovely design,lovely boat
nice to see another one on the board and the water.
Really nice work 8)
All The Best
Zeb