Brazos Overnighter (first Gar)

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Brazos Overnighter (first Gar)

Post by Darrells »

One of my employees has been wanting to go on a Brazos trip. The weather was looking pretty good Saturday so we decided to do a overnight fishing trip. Put in at Loop 340 and paddled down about 3 miles to set up camp.

Here is a pic of my little Pirogue loaded for an overnighter. I love this little boat but it will be nice to finish the Stripper to have a liitle more room.

Uriel drew first blood with a fat little Blue.

As the afternoon and evening wore on we caught a few more Smallish Blues and Drum. About 9:30 I caught my first (of many I hope) Brazos Gar. It was released to fight another day.

It was pretty uneventful after the chill of the night set in. We woke early and cooked up some breakfast and decided to start back fishing along the way. We caught a few drum on the way back but no more Blues.

Just some random pics from this morning. The pic of the bird did not turn out while. I do not know what is was but was very big.

There is one small portage on this section of river that is about 100 feet long.

Almost home.

On another note I did alittle damage to the Pirogue this morning. Caught a pretty big rock and tore off some fiberglass. Nothing to that cant be repaired with alittle epoxy and glass.

Darrell
Darrell Sykora
Dickie
Type of boat I like: Kayaks

Re: Brazos Overnighter (first Gar)

Post by Dickie »

Awesome pics. Thanks for posting. I need to find someone willing to actually do something like that to make a real trip out of it! Alone is good, but it adds to it when you have someone to laugh with!
~~ Dickie ~~
"The BEST tool in the World is the Human mind"