My Best Day Bass fishing

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

My Best Day Bass fishing

Post by preacher »

A very good day in the ole wooden Bumble Bee on a private lake in Athens.

2nd 8 pounder, 22 inches

I don't know how many fish i caught today, probabloy around 20. The smallest was about 3 pounds, bunches of the rest around 5 pounds average.

Totally AWESOME DAY!

Sorry about the limited pics, I had to use my G1 phone and that scares me out on the water.
OnkaBob
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: My Best Day Bass fishing

Post by OnkaBob »

That's a set of decent sized fish, sounds like you had a great day. I'm not familiar with bass, are they good eating or more a sport fish?
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

Post by preacher »

Large mouth bass, or black bass, are very good sport. they jump a lot and are strong fighters. Very good eating, white succulent meat. These, however, were all released to fight another day. We were prefishing a large private lake checking it out for a possible site for a Heros On Water event. I would love to see one of those gi-reens tie into that 11 pounder :wink:
craiggamesh
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by craiggamesh »

I think the Heroes On The Water would love to catch those big brutes. What a great organization as well.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.