Dinghy Vee complete - Pen-gooin is born!

Forum for www.boatplans.dk. Guests welcome to post!
Gaffers

Dinghy Vee complete - Pen-gooin is born!

Post by Gaffers »

Well after a lot of procrastination, swearing and occasional work I have finished Pen-gooin. The plans provided were excellent and gave very thorough information. A few points of constructive feedback however to Morty and those interested:

CNC files for those of us with access to CNC routers would cut down construction times considerably
Suggest frame plans/dimensions for first-timers for holding the bulkheads
9mm plywood for the hull? I weigh 120kg and although I can stand on the hull floor I have to be careful. I am considering rebuilding the interior though (see below)
On the subject of the hull, if I were doing it again I would tape the inside seams but the hull exterior would be completely glassed sheathed
I am looking at building a raised floor and developed gunwales which will give natural buoyancy (self draining) and it means I will create one cockpit compartment reshaping the centre bulkhead.

As you can see I deviated slightly from the plans as I wanted electric propulsion. I have created 2 water-tight compartments for the battery banks in the center bulkheads, each can hold 2 x 12v batteries of around 60Ah. 2 such batteries gives me around 4-6 hours of cruising using a Rhino vx54. I chose this because I wanted something that would continue to work if submerged. She is gaff rigged and undergoing sea trials tomorrow under sail, which should be interesting.

Many thanks to Morty, I am not picking out my next boat (dont tell the missus) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Piccies:

jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Dinghy Vee complete - Pen-gooin is born!

Post by jem »

nice!
-Matt. Designer.
cridgie down under

Re: Dinghy Vee complete - Pen-gooin is born!

Post by cridgie down under »

HI, Just about to start build of a dinghy vee 11'4'' can you please provide pics of your sail rig set up .regards Ray