Fiirst Big Bluecat

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Fiirst Big Bluecat

Post by Darrells »

Hit the Brazos for a solo trip today. This is only the second time I have been in my boat since knee surgery in October. It was 28 degrees when I launched but after a little paddling had to come out of the coat. Fished my way down river for a few miles without much luck i Finally caught a drum for bait and then paddled on to where I wanted to fish. Got set up and had a couple of good runs but missed them. Third bite was this guy, he put up a great fight. Once I had him to the boat I finally got my hand in his mouth and he bite down hard, I was thinking either he is going to be dry or I'm gonna be wet but I finally managed to pull him into the boat. After this on I had one more about this size at the boat but he got off before I could get my hand in his mouth. I wish I would have paddled straight to this spot instead of fishing my way down because I didn't have much time before I had to start back. I know where they are at now so i will be back after them. He weighed exactly 22 pounds.

Darrell Sykora
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Fiirst Big Bluecat

Post by jem »

Wow! :shock:
-Matt. Designer.
craiggamesh
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by craiggamesh »

Those are beautiful fish.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
Tor

Post by Tor »

getcha head outa the way I can't see the boat...

there's a brute with some stinky fish in the way :lol:

nice fish, are they good eatiing?
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

Blue Catfish are one of the best eating fish we have.
Darrell Sykora
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Darrells wrote:Blue Catfish are one of the best eating fish we have.
That's a bold statement. I've sampled some pretty tasty fish when I traveled to Austin a couple years ago.
-Matt. Designer.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

May have been BlueCat. :wink:
Darrell Sykora