Inaugral Vyak meeting

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Tor
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Inaugral Vyak meeting

Post by Tor »

Victorian Yak fishers had a day on the bay.

This is a new group, an off shoot of afkk.

Anyway I'm there, the only wooden yak and as usual I spent so much of my time answering questions, but at least it was after I'd done a bit of fishing. There may be some interest but these guys seem very into their Tupperware...

Now if only I had a mirage drive installed.

a note on my setup: I didn't leave myself enough leg room and was cramping up after a short time. I need to build a live tank or ice box that slides into the bow area (another project...)

Early morning on the bay

the unknown fish

the little flattie

I now need to try to keep the inside of the boat cleaner :oops:

If you're in Victoria and fish from your yaks have a look at vyak.net.au

Tor
olsnappa
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Inaugral Vyak meeting

Post by olsnappa »

Hi Tor..... I'll have to check that out.
Where abouts on the bay did you launch?
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
Tor

Post by Tor »

olsnappa my man, I was going to target you specifically but seems you beat me to it.

this trip was out from Safety Beach originally they were going from Sunnyside but the weather wasn't that good.

there was some concern from the missus about meeting blokes I met on the internet at Sunnyside (it's a nudist beach...)

get on the forum it'll be good to have another "woody" there.

and it seems I had more success than I give myself credit for and I've been in so much grief for releasing the fish that were obviously legal...

oops

Tor
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Post by PiratePete »

Tor wrote:
and it seems I had more success than I give myself credit for and I've been in so much grief for releasing the fish that were obviously legal...

oops

Tor

There is nothing wrong with letting them go. . . . . .

They can grow up a bit more & you can catch them again . :D :D :D
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

G'day Tor,

Nice lil pinky and lizard mate.

Just give the blokes in the pigs of plastic a paddle in ya lovely Southwind mate. You'll change their minds - no problem. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Tor

Post by Tor »

hairymick wrote: Just give the blokes in the pigs of plastic a paddle in ya lovely Southwind mate. You'll change their minds - no problem. :D
mmm...

She's like a mistress to me I don't want to share.

I'll think about it...

I have to say though I was surprised how easy it was to paddle at the same speed as the tupperware boats, I'm not particularly paddle fit and even the peddle boats which appear to move quite quickly weren't moving as fast as me.

I know I should share but I like all the attention :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tor
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

I have to say though I was surprised how easy it was to paddle at the same speed as the tupperware boats, I'm not particularly paddle fit and even the peddle boats which appear to move quite quickly weren't moving as fast as me.
My point exactly mate.

The short hobies are fine boats but no match for a southwind in speed, comfort or load capacity. Even the much vaunted Adventure can't get away from my Sasquatch. I would imagine your Southwind is even faster. I know mine is. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)