Sasquatch 16.5 In the Upper Mary River.

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Sasquatch 16.5 In the Upper Mary River.

Post by hairymick »

G'day guys and thank you.

I just love this river and have the honour of sharing it with a friend from the US over the next couple of days. He is Cadeppa from the Oldsparky forum and to say I am excited about this is an understatement. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Tell Ole John HI for me , he is having way to much fun over there in the land Down Under.

Looking at the pictures I'm sure he will fall in love with that river and be mighty happy he is there instead of being over here , his area is still on the cool side of the thermometer.

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day Chuck,

We just got back from 2 magical days camping and paddling there. Uploading images now and will post a trip report on Oldsparky soon. We took my Sas and Southwind and while never designed as white water boats they handled the small but technical rapids well enough.
John has taught me much about single blade paddling. 8)

I am doing a few running repairs to my Sas at the moment, but I have a prototye set of Matt's canoe plans for a boat that I think will be much more suited to these conditions. A little shorter, similar beam and a little more rocker with bottom panels that lend them self to a significantly heavier build. Gonna make this one bullet proof (or at least pretty rock proof :D ) I think I will be spending a LOT more time on this river.

Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)