Cruising in the Okwata South Coast NSW

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
rodot
Type of boat I like: Okwata kayak

Cruising in the Okwata South Coast NSW

Post by rodot »

After finishing the Occy, I had to go up to Sydney for some family commitments. Gee it makes you feel old when you are celebrating your grandkids 18th birthdays.

Anyway when I got home I couldnt wait to get out on the briny. These pictures were taken at Tuross Lakes, which is but one of our many loverly local waterways. It was an overcast day with a few showers, but even so, being out there in the occy was just great.
There was a little bit of a shower approaching the broken bridge to Deuaumba Island.
Old man Emu stopped to admire the lines of the Okwata.

I built the Okwata because I wanted a boat to explore around all of our local waterways. This boat exceeds all my expectations. It glides effortlessly through the water. It slices cleanly through any chop without any splashing or spraying. It tracks straight but turns easily by leaning left or right. I love it.

The best part of retirement is that I have all the time in the world to get out and enjoy myself paddling around in this little beauty. And thats just what I intend to do.

Cheers Roger
Okwata LC,
Northwind,
Quetico
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Cruising in the Okwata South Coast NSW

Post by Bemm 52 »

Another nice Occy................................. 8)
Bellybuster
Type of boat I like: pirogues kayaks

Post by Bellybuster »

a beautiful boat and gorgeous waters to paddle in....life is good
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day Roger,

Mate, You have done this magnificent design proud! A beautiful boat in lovely waters and your brief review of her performance really says it all. There is simply nothing not to love about these boats. Enjoy mate, and thank you for posting. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)