Freedom and the T-V are going for a stroll

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Freedom and the T-V are going for a stroll

Post by tx river rat »

Friday 10 of us are making a river trip, Darrel and I will post up with pics when we get back
Ron
wilded
Type of boat I like: Kayak

Re: Freedom and the T-V are going for a stroll

Post by wilded »

Break a leg and catch some fish. :mrgreen:
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Darrells »

It was nice to meet some faces from TKF who I have not paddled with before. We had a great group of people along on this trip.

Hanging out in camp on Friday.

It was awfully hot Friday afternoon so we decided to grab a pole and do a little wading around the Falls.

Goose with a monster. :wink:

Firefly whipping the Fly rod around.

BowGarGuide cooling off.

It was very hot Friday night :roll: , but we managed to get a little sleep and hit the river Saturday morning. Everyone loaded and ready. (L to R) RodLoos, Milret, HirschHunter

We had a good ride through the fast water and rocks below the Falls , but everyone made it through without any problems.

We took it easy and just floated, fished, and talked and laughed for about six hours. Not much biting but we did manage to catch a dink here and there. I can tell you there was an excellent spawn on Channel Cats last year. I must have caught 20 that were about 5 inches long.

We arrived at our camp for the night and most of us decided on a soak in the river to cool down a bit before setting up camp. Rodloos seemed pretty impressed with Ron's and my tents, about twenty seconds from bag to completely set-up. For some reason i did not get any shots of camp (maybe next time). We put some lines out and kicked back and relaxed. The fishing was pretty slow but HirschHunter and I both managed a keeper.

The moon was out in all of it's glory Saturday night.

We turned in about midnight or so and during the night I actually got pretty cool and had to grab my sleeping bag liner. One thing that worked out very well on this trip was the battery operated camping fans (O2 Cool) from Walmart. It will accompany me on all hot weather trips from here on out. We awoke pretty early on Sunday and did not have to hurry getting packed for the remainder of of paddle.

Milret loading up.

Hirsch finishing up loading.

Ron and Harold Ray discussing worldly problems

FireFly and Larry discussing their matching wardrobe.

We hit the water about 11:00 and started downstream for the take-out. Still had good current and just enough wind to help keep us cool.

Loaded and headed for the takeout.

FireFly

Harold Ray

BowGarGuide

Milret

Rodloos

HirschHunter

The river is getting a little low so they turned on the faucet.

Some interesting geography.

It was getting pretty hot by noon or so and there was not much shade to be found so RodLoos made his own.

We arrived at the take-out about 1:45 and started the long ,hot trips up the bank with all of the gear and boats. The fishing on this trip left something to be desired, but I had a really good time with good people and I am looking forward to doing it again soon.

The Freedom was really loaded down on this trip and handled extremely well. Including myself I was pushing 500 pounds.

The obligatory beached boat shot.

Cooling off.

Darrell Sykora
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Post by Phishtech »

Man-o-man, Darrell, those kayaks were loaded heavy. They rode real low in the water. Great pics and report and maybe someday I'll get to join in, only in cooler weather. Got to admire Firefly, she gets out there and does her thing. Why live life and not enjoy it, right Firefly?

Phishtech