Speck fishing

Worth mentioning but don't fit in other categories.
surfman
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Speck fishing

Post by surfman »

Hi guys, I haven't poosted on here in a long long time since I built my canoe but here are some fishing pics from a little trip last week end. Boat is working great.
Tight Lines, Steve
surfman
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Speck fishing

Post by surfman »

Guess I shoulda posted this in the out and about forum?
Tight Lines, Steve
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Post by Phishtech »

Hey, Surfman, show us your boat. From what I can see you did a great job on it.
surfman

Post by surfman »

It is a custom rig that Matt designed for me back in '04. It is a 14' canoe, basically, that has a fairly wide beam to allow me to stand up and fish easily although I also have one of the sit-backer seats that I mounted on a small bench that I can position in the boat anywhere I want. It is working out good and there are more things I want to do. These pics are old so I should take a new picture with it all rigged up.
I added some rod racks.
Tight Lines, Steve
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

The boat shown is basically a square-stern Trapper.
-Matt. Designer.
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Post by Phishtech »

I have an idea for your rod holders: on the end where your reels will be, cut a slot to allow you to slip the rod in without having to feed the whole thing through it to get to the next hole. Or,
do you just slip the butt end of the rod through the hole and then move it forward to get the tip in the other hole? Just wondering.........
surfman

Post by surfman »

Yes, I just push the butt past the bracket and then slide the butt end into the hole. I slot would be a little easier but, not much.
Tight Lines, Steve
rhutchinson
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and Canoes.

Post by rhutchinson »

Nice boat and really nice mess of crappie! Thats about as good as it getts in fresh water for me.

Richard
surfman

Post by surfman »

Here are some recent photos, it is a 2006 Stalker, not 2004.

The seats are removable of course and the back seat is on a sled so I can put it where ever I want, including sliding it all the way back out of the way if I am standing to fish, which I often do.
Tight Lines, Steve
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Good looking fishing machine and your pictures prove it works , someday when and if I am in the Steinhatchee area paddling I may bump into you. :D

Chuck.......
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler