SS@G Northwind

Builder show and discuss their progress.
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Re: SS@G Northwind

Post by goanywhere »

Awesome build log TRR. You have that knack of building them to be straight forward and down to earth but still beautiful. I think I'm getting the bug again! :D :D
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Played in the Northwind today.
The wind was blowing 25 to 35 miles an hour and since I have never played in rough water in this boat I decided to go play :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I paddled 3 miles and did some surfing ,this boat doesnt even know it is in water most folks woundnt even paddle in. I stayed dry and had a blast. Going into the waves she road smooth no hull slap just knifed though them
This boat just continues to amaze me.
Ron
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

Post by preacher »

Man, Ron! You have amazed me so many times in your builds that I am wondering where you are going next. It isn't just a beautiful boat it is "functional" as a fishing boat.

Oh yeah, you and the precious cargo paddling together is what its all about.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Thanks Preacher
Having my grandaughter with me in the yaks is the ultimant thrill for me.
I think I build a little different than most folks, I want a nice looking but but not to flashy.Looks isnt my main driving force.
My number one prioriety is the ability to carry a good load over long distances easily.
Stability so you can sit up high and be comfortable.
Fish able (hum is that a word)
And just plain fun to paddle.
The NW just fits me to a T
What I am going to do next , a 15 ft 9 in striper North Wind :lol:
Be something new for me and I may try to get a little fancy with this one. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ron
cjbfisher
Type of boat I like: SOT fishing kayaks.

Post by cjbfisher »

tx river rat wrote: What I am going to do next , a 15 ft 9 in striper North Wind :lol:
Be something new for me and I may try to get a little fancy with this one. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ron
Going to try to outdo Darrell?
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Naa
Darrell and I dont compete , but it is funny his next one will be a ss@g
Ron
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

This boat is still alive and doing well.Ron