Getting smarter as you get older _not

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Getting smarter as you get older _not

Post by tx river rat »

I hadnt been fishing in awhile so decided to take the Northwind and go to the lake.

My gear was scattered so it took awhile to round it up but I finally got ready loaded the yak and off I went. Got to the lake unloaded the yak put in the ice chest had bought some bait to use till I could castnet some shad.
I ran through my list, bait box check, paddle check, pfd check,cooler and and drinks check, worms check, rods CRAPPPPP left my dang rods at the house. After I called myself the dumbest sob that ever walked I decided to just go play with the yak , I sure love this Northwind ,I had fun just getting out and paddling. One of my friends was there with a sot and the wind was killing him I was just cruising :D
CRS, forgetful or just plain da# stupid ,not sure which ,I guess I need a list :shock: :shock:
Ron
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Re: Getting smarter as you get older _not

Post by Oldsparkey »

Ron......

That's one reason after each trip I clean everything , assort it and stack it so it is right there ready for another trip. Yes , I am prepared and know where everything is. For some reason that does not explain why there is always something missing when I set up camp.
You can bet it is at home or left in the Jeep , usually in the Jeep. A list is really nice , especially for me because that means I remembered to set it out so I could bring it but left it at home ( sitting on the table ) or in the back of the vehicle. :roll:

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
woodman
Type of boat I like: plywood kayaks

Post by woodman »

You guys got one of these... (storage box ,boat trailers).....

Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Darrells »

I forgot my rifle at home one time while going deer hunting.
Darrell Sykora
snipa
Type of boat I like: Laker+Wadefish+Northwind

Post by snipa »

Wouldn't worry to much about it, seems that if they admitted it everyone does it from time to time. Try to do as Sparky does and works most of the time, not foolproof though. This is where I come in. Bait seems to be my nemesis lately, be that fresh, plastics or hardbodies.

Used to be a professional roo shooter in my late 20's, left home without the rifle. It sat on a rack across the top of the dashboard, got out about 20 miles before I realized.

Put it down to lack of sleep, however on retrospect: At 55 now, I could be in serious trouble soon.

Cheers
John
Cheers John
Mick
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and canoes

Post by Mick »

Dang Ron! I think you are becoming a Geezer! Welcome to the club mate. :D